HWA foundation is an indigenous civil society organization working for marginalized community groups in remote areas of Sindh province of Pakistan. The organization established during 2004 and was registered in 2005 under Societies Act 1860 & then it was registered under Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan-SECP in 2017.
HWA Foundation is a group of human rights and development activists having related experience, so why the organization established under the situation of many challenges due to social issues prevailed in the area; like as human rights violation, extreme poverty, lack of facilities, low standard of education, poor health services, tribal clashes, poor access to institutions/resources, lack of awareness, poor governance, violation against women and children and other related issues which may cause create hurdles in development process. HWA Foundation has passed the journey through establishing the Organization, and then did its development and now the team has been working practically in the area through organized approach under the slogan of “Journey towards the change”
The Society Where Every Person Has Access To All Resources On Equal Bases.
To improve Socio-Economic conditions of the marginalized community groups in order to increase their access to all resources, rights and institutions by under-taking integrated community development approach.
- To reduce poverty of marginalized communities.
- To increase the access of marginalized groups to basic development services and facilities.
- To promote human rights for protecting the communities.
- To build the capacities of communities and institutions against vulnerabilities related to hazardous areas.
- To enhance capacity of the CSOs and local government for effective working.
Area of Interest
- Economic Development
- Integrated Community Development
- Human Rights
- Human & Institutional Development:
Norms & values
- Accountability and transparency
- Commitment to human rights and democratic values
- Community need based approach
- Participation of women
- Reliance on own and local resources.